I’m not a fanart person let alone a gijinka person but I started watching AT recently and I loooooooooooove the gumball guardians
there is a sad lack of fanart of them
so I did it
wake up america
90 screencaps of makoharu from 25 eps, I regret nothing
"yeah, everything’s fine, i just tucked your kid into bed. but can i cover up the clown statue in the corner? it’s freaking me out"
"what? we dont have a kid. take our clown statue and get out of the house right now"
caligula had anime eyes
wait romans painted their marble sculptures
it looks like a cheap theme park ride mascot
here’s a statue of Augustus
and here’s a reproduction of the statue with the colors restored
i honestly think that what we consider the height of sculpture in all of Western civilization being essentially the leftover templates of gaudy pieces of theme park shit to be evidence of the potential merit of found art
"I tried coloring it and then I ruined it"
And you know what the funniest part is? The paint didn’t just wear off over time. A bunch of asshole British historians back in the Victorian era actually went around scrubbing the remaining paint off of Greek and Roman statues - often destroying the fine details of the carving in the process - because the bright colours didn’t fit the dignified image they wished to present of the the cultures they claimed to be heirs to. This process also removed visible evidence of the fact that at least some of the statues thus stripped of paint had originally depicted non-white individuals.
Whenever you look at a Roman statue with a bare marble face, you’re looking at the face of imperialist historical revisionism.
(The missing noses on a lot of Egyptian statues are a similar deal. It’s not that the ancient Egyptians made statues with strangely fragile noses. Many Victorian archaeologists had a habit of chipping the noses off of the statues they brought back, then claiming that they’d found them that way - because with the noses intact, it was too obvious that the statues were meant to depict individuals of black African descent.)
Sorry, I keep reblogging this over and over, the last comment is unbelievable. Wow.
i dont think my friends understand. when i say my room is messy i dont mean “cute” messy where i have a jacket hanging here and there i mean messy as in fuckin trash island where garbage citizens hold elections over who will become the next trash overlord it’s fuckin gross
SHINee are literally the sole survivors of an SM group version of the Hunger Games
SO APPARENTLY PEOPLE THINK KIM JONGHYUN IS A DOUCHEBAG
WELL HE IS AND IM GOING TO TELL YOU WHY
- he tweets selcas with his mom and says she’s cute and “jjangjjang girl”!! only douchebags take pictures with their moms!
- only douchebags hold their sister’s hand and bring them to their friend’s musicals!!
- to be a true douchebag you have to bake your friends cookies
- for a true douchebag flavor you must get into your company’s youtube account to upload videos of your dog
- only a douchebag would give lee hi and gayoon flowers
- crying because you won over a friend you thought deserved the award is the most douchebag thing ever lemme tell u
- after someone said mean things to luna after charice’s performance, jonghyun took her around star king and asked people if she was talented to make her feel better. truly the heart of a douchebag.
- only a few hours ago he tweeted that jkyun’s performance made him cry (it’s about his mother, i believe, or mothers in general)
- he wore a a dog mask to the airport to make people laugh!! what a douchebag.
- the same jonghyun who, when people complained about internet war being too ~homoerotic~, changed his twitter icon to him and taemin and basically said “thank you to those who liked me even if you don’t like me anymore. peace out dude”
- the most douchebag thing to date he’s done!! is told this fan who sent him a private ufo: “cry out loud once. look at the mirror & shake it off. i’ve cried like that before & others will have times like that too. cheer up. you’re not alone.”
- someone who isn’t a douchebag wouldn’t console a crying girl! but jonghyun is, so.
- jonghyun brought lay out onto center stage and was like “HEY GUYS THIS IS YIXING I KNOW HE HASN’T DEBUTED YET SO YOU DON’T CARE ABOUT HIM BUT HE’S GREAT LOVE HIM”
- most douchebags have Intense Feelings after watching childrens movies. jonghyun is one of them, of course. after watching rise of the guardians, he said, “but the biggest reason of life ‘the world gives back as much as you give’ doesn’t change even when you grow older. it’s not important whether there really is or isn’t a santa who gives presents to kids who don’t cry. what matters is that in order to receive santa’s present which was prepared by my parents, i tried to be a nicer kid and i got a present. in that moment, santa does exist. i have to keep my will, determination, and belief as i live.”
jonghyun is a huge douchebag and he’s really superficial and pretty much an awful person. don’t become this person’s fan because he will ruin your life.
it kinda felt like a good time to bring this back + add on to it, so:
- is just as welcoming and warm toward his male fans as his female. (as he should be)
- when university student kim eun ha was trying to get an open letter she wrote about the intolerance, abusive and bullying she’s faced at her school, jonghyun changed his profile photo on twitter to a picture of her letter, ultimately revealing his support of the lgbtqia community. now, the dude doesn’t deserve a cookie for being a decent human being but it was the way that he approached eun ha privately with respect and concern over both: a) not wanting to draw negative or overwhelming attention to her and b) not wanting to steal any spotlight from her, that stuck out the most.
- when shinee’s manager yelled at fans to stop taking photos of the group after a performance jonghyun “yelled" back at them to keep on taking as many as they wanted to.
- when jjong played a rough copy of “gloomy clock” for iu she loved it so much that she asked him to personally sell it to her. jjong immediately denied her offer for cash and told her that he’d give it to her for free, essentially.
- he vehemently (like…really) went out of his way to both promote and show how proud he was of taemin when he debuted as a solo act. he even cried about it apparently like taemin was a baby bird flying free from his nest for the first time or something.
- before officially doing the asl ice bucket challenge he made sure to emphasis at multiple times how important it is to keep the origins of the challenge/awareness of what it means high.
- he grumbles to his dog when he’s had a bad day, okay??? and also this.
- he wants to encourage, inspire and be there for people all the time.
- when he was in the midst of recording a show in the dead of winter he bought and prepared coffee for his fans/fansites watching.
- when onew hurt himself during “everybody” promotions he did his best to take care of him at a recording (both explicitly and quietly).
- he always goes out of his way to promote labelmates, examples being: f(x) during their “red light" promos (he also promoted then via twitter for "electric shock" and "rum pum pum pum" and krystal once stated that he bought 10+ copies of their "nu abo" mini), toheart when they debuted, exo, henry, red velvet, tvxq, ect. he’s also given nice compliments to taeyeon and chen, and given sweet shoutouts to sunny/her radio show.
- he also promotes artists from other companies via his twitter, ie: taeyang, jung joon young, block b, ga in, iu and son dam bi. he’s praised winner too.
- this too. look @ all that girl group love.
- he dedicated an entire special section of his radio show to songs that he wrote/composed based on stories that were sent in by fans.
- he brought light to state of war between israel/the gaza strip via his twitter.
- he worries about people saying rude shit about him all the time which is exactly what happened and he doesn’t deserve that. :c he takes it to heart. :c
I DID NOT KNOW HE TWEETED ABT ISRAEL/PALESTINE OMG
ok but once again the name of the trans student he supported is kang eun ha, not kim eun ha. she clearly signs her name “kang eun ha” at the bottom of the sign he tweeted. lets please credit the right person and not spread misinformation!